Like leggings, but in one-and-done form.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
A sleeveless swing mini for impromptu wine nights with le pals, grocery store runs, fancier dinners (simply add in some heels), etcetera. Versatility is this dress’ strongest suit.
2. A flowy maxi that’s just inspired me to scour Airbnb for a staycation in the middle of nowhere. I can picture it already: surrounded by nature, drinking coffee in a semi-modern cabin with floor-to-ceiling windows…all while wearing this.
Promising review: “When the temps are so hot and humid that you can’t stand it, hop into this attractive little dress. It hangs from the shoulders and flows to mid-calf or so depending on your height. It is cool and comfortable but still looks pretty and stylish. I have two and I wouldn’t mind another. There are lots of prints and colors. They wash and dry and don’t need ironing. My daughters each have two as well. The price is amazing and the quality is great, light but not see through.” —lizacat
Get it from Amazon for $22.99+ (available in sizes XS–5X and in 39 colors).
A T-shirt dress with a 1,000% guarantee of turning you into a fashion blogger stat, no significant Instagram following required. There’s just something about a tie-waist, amirite folks?
A polka dot number best accessorized with bottomless mimosas served at your next at-home brunch, overpriced avocado toast and a poached egg not required (but highly recommended).
6. A lace V-neck dress for anyone who has had a Pinterest board titled “Boho Wedding” for the past decade. This is stunning, lightweight, and screams mason jar drinking glasses (plus is also available in a ton of hues, which means you can just as easily wear this as a bride *or* a wedding guest).
Promising review: “LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. I ordered this dress and will never regret it. It was beautiful and light. It was 100 degrees F at our wedding and I was able to stay pretty comfortable in this dress. I have gotten so many compliments on it! If you want a dress that’s gorgeous and doesn’t break the bank and is beyond comfortable, this is it.” —Summer
Get it from Amazon for $39.99+ (available in sizes S–XXL and in five colors and eight styles).
7. A ruffled baby doll dress for a loose, flow-y fit that can easily be cinched at the waist with *poof* a simple belt. Presenting a ‘fit that’s perfect for the office and happy hours alike.
Promising review: “I wanted a cute little black sun dress to wear for a birthday celebration weekend. Perfect, it was comfortable, and it’s versatile. You can wear it with cute sandals (wedges), Birkenstocks, Chuck Taylors, etc.” —K. Foy
Get it from Amazon for $31.99+ (available in sizes S–XXL and in 30 colors).
8. A high-neck bodycon dress available in neutral colors that are perfect for daily wear, plus you can choose between three sleeve options: long, cap, or sleeveless. The latter is wonderful if you’re feeling ready to let it all ~air out~.
10. A surplice maxi dress that won’t feel like a surplus of fabric when humidity and sweat glands start to kick into overdrive. In fact, the material feels lightweight and breathable despite the longer length — it even makes for the perfect pregnancy and post-bebe ‘fit.
Promising review: “Wow. I am blown away by this dress. I am six months pregnant in South Georgia so I was looking for something comfortable and easy to wear in this heat while pregnant. This dress is SO soft. Like the softest dress I own! I like that I can also use it as an easy access breastfeeding dress after the baby comes.” —Libby Henkels
Get it from Amazon for $26.90 (available in sizes XS–XXL and in 15 colors).
11. A mini cami dress featuring button detailing for a look that screams “I tried” but requires merely ten seconds of effort. Throw this on, fasten a messy bun, and et voila.
12. A V-neck maxi dress, because life’s too short to not hop in on the tie-dye trend. It’s everywhere — you can’t help but be enticed. This cozy number means an easy, comfy way to add a pop of pattern to your wardrobe.
Promising review: “Love this dress! It’s exactly what I was looking for. Maxi with sleeves and pockets. It is a little long but works well with a little heel. I also added a belt to give more shape. Super cute, soft, and comfortable!” —Melissa
Get it from Amazon for $20.99+ (available in sizes XS–XL and in 24 colors).
13. A V-neck maxi dress for an easy, breezy, ~doesn’t require pants~ outfit you’ll want to slip on for and and every occasion. This is comfy enough to lounge in, stylish enough to ‘gram in, so cue the Hannah Montana soundtrack because ’tis the best of both worlds.
Promising review: “This is super comfy and stylish to wear and most importantly, it has POCKETS! This is easy to dress up with a cute hat and accessories. It has a nice soft material without being clingy. This is my new favorite summer dress!” —Meredith
Get it from Amazon for $25.98+ (available in sizes XS–XXL and in 23 colors).
15. A pocketed jersey T-shirt dress purposely designed with a longer hemline, which means your undergarments won’t be on the brink of exposure with every sudden gust of wind.
Promising review: “This is my new go-to brand for extra-comfy, relaxed and uber soft clothing. So far every piece is well-made, very soft, and the perfect length to wear as a dress or as a tunic; you can even sleep in these, they’re that comfortable. This jersey cotton is a nice, cooling fabric, perfect for the hot Texas summers. Very affordably priced, quick shipping and easy returns/exchanges.” —Claire Dunway
Get it from Amazon for $18.90 (available in sizes XS–XL and in 12 colors).
17. A deep-V mini dress with the phrase “warm weather staple” embedded into its DNA. If TikTok videos have inspired me to plan anything, it’s an aesthetic boat ride — and this is exactly what I plan on wearing when I purchase my personal yacht. Eventually. In the future. Sometime down the line.
Promising review: “I love this dress. It is thick, good quality, comfortable, and fit as expected. I’ve already worn it twice and will wear it much more this summer. Wrinkles come out really easily with steamer.” —Tyler woodruff
Get it from Amazon for $28.99+ (available in sizes XS–XXL and in five colors).
18. A tie-front tee dress made from 100% cotton, baby! This warm weather staple is the epitome of thoughtful design: the drawstring waist allows for a customizable silhouette, the sleeves can be cuffed to your preference, and the side slit means you won’t feel constricted by the midi length.
19. A V-neck sleeveless dress blissfully constructed with a longer hemline. This means that, unlike the traditional bodycon dresses hanging untouched in your closet, your ~assets~ won’t be on the brink of exposure with every step — no constant riding up and pulling down!
Promising review: “I fell in love with the blue, tie-dye print of this dress when I saw it. It looks just how it does in the product photos. The bottom is figure hugging but not super tight, love how the side seam is ruched, and the top has a slightly looser fit and is slightly pleated at the waist because of the elastic. The straps are the perfect length for me which rarely happens! I love how quick and easy it is to pull on. It doesn’t ride up, the material is light and soft but not see through. It is just a really comfortable dress that I will wear a lot.” —Eagle
Get it from Amazon for $28.99+ (available in sizes S–XXL and in 11 colors).
21. A swing dress you’ll find yourself gravitating toward for any occasion. It all lies in the power of shoe choice: Pair this with heels for tasting course dinners or with sneakers for that ~aesthetic~ coffee shop you found on Instagram.
Promising review: “It gets really, really hot where we live so finding a wardrobe that doesn’t make us swelter can be a challenge in my family. This is a great dress and perfect for south Florida’s summer heat. It’s comfortable, well made/good quality, and it’s thin enough that it allows you to keep cool but not so thin that you can see through it.” —Phoenix
Get it from Amazon for $25.90+ (available in sizes 1X–6X and in five colors).
22. A striped midi dress with all the comfort of the pajama set you’ve been wearing to bed since 1893 (you can thank an ultra cozy knit fabric for that), but it’s not fuzzy fleece rubber duck pajamas and ergo a *lot* more chic.
Promising review: “I absolutely LOVE this dress. No complaints! Fabric is soft and stretchy, you can dress up wearing boots and a nice jacket, or dress down wearing sandals or a cute pair of white sneakers. Bought a few different colors and love it.” —Heybruna1
Get it from Target for $20 (available in sizes XS–4X).
23. A strapless floral maxi that feels like it should come with an all-inclusive resort package because, wow, this is a vacation dress if I ever did see one. Slipping this on will make afternoon Zoom calls feel as if they’re taking place somewhere tropical.
Promising review: “The material is on the thin side but that will be perfect on hot southern nights here in South Carolina. I am already looking at other patterns to buy a second one! The bust is snug (I am a 40C) but I love that because I don’t worry about it folding over or sliding down.” —MimDOT
Get it from Amazon for $29.99+ (available in sizes S–XL and in 23 colors).
24. An A-line cami dress sure to be the ~cherry on top~ of your summer wardrobe — and if you hate puns, I’m truly sorry, I am who I am.
Promising review: “I LOVE this dress. I wish they had it in more colors! It’s one of my favorite traveling dresses because it is so incredibly lightweight and takes up no room in my bag. I always get compliments when wearing it!” —Susie
Get it from Amazon for $17.99+ (available in sizes XS–XL and in eight colors).
25. A trumpet sleeve swing dress I have every intention of wearing at least four days a week for the next few months. Perfect as a swimsuit coverup or sported on its own, this breezy number is the definition of cozy *and* cute.
Promising review: “Such a sweet dress! The elastic bodice keeps all the material in one place (no sliding), and the colors are lovely and true to the photos. I was worried about the length, but it’s great — short enough to be fun but long enough to not worry about accidentally flashing people, LOL, just follow the sizing guide. One of my favorite aspects of this dress is that it has several layers of fabric, so it feels like a higher-quality piece. So excited to wear this once the weather warms up.” —M.
Get it from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in sizes XS–XL and in 21 colors).
26. A V-neck maxi with adjustable straps and the phrase “summer staple” embedded into its DNA. If TikTok has inspired me to plan anything, it’s an aesthetic picnic spread — and this is exactly what I plan on wearing when said picnic plans actually happen.
28. An off-shoulder maxi dress designed with the phrase wardrobe staple, the kind of number you can wear to weddings and birthday dinners *or* for a stroll along a beach boardwalk.
Promising review: “I bought this dress with the intent of wearing it once to a rehearsal dinner. Little did I know I would end up wearing it ALL summer long! It is opaque, breezy, comfortable, and fit like a glove with some movement. I got endless compliments and no one could believe I found it on Amazon! I would recommend this to anyone looking for a classy, simple, long term closet sample.” —SCram
Get it from Amazon for $19.68+ (available in sizes XS–XXL and in 19 colors).
30. A sleeveless T-shirt dress to replace the leggings you’ve been wearing since, oh, last October. This equally comfortable option won’t retain humidity and allows your limbs to feel some breeze.
Promising review: “I order a lot of dresses of this type and by far, this is the best brand when It comes to consistent quality. The fabric is light enough to be comfortable in the hot Arizona sun but not see-through. The finish work is great, there are pockets, and the drape of the fabric is just right . Perfect with sandals or flip-flops and a big hat. I love this dress and plan to order it in more colors.” —Gaye Levy
Get it from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in sizes S–XXL and in 31 colors).
31. An A-line midi dress I hereby declare as my “It looks like I tried, but I really didn’t” outfit. This cutout one-and-done look polished, semi-fancy, and the breezy material feels divine.
32. A maxi dress you’ll wear with alarming frequency. Think: every. single. day. due to its lightweight material, a versatile design, *and* the fact that it has pockets.
Promising review: “This is very comfortable and flowy. Wore it all day and didn’t want to take it off because of how comfy it was. I got lots of compliments on it at my baby shower — I’m eight months pregnant in Texas and it’s HOT here.” —Lorin Rae
Get it from Amazon for $27.99+ (available in sizes 14–26 and in 34 colors).
33. A ruffled shift dress ~technically~ intended for wearing off-the-shoulder, but some reviewers claim it can even function as a tube style. Things we love? Clothes that feel like multiple outfit options in one.
Looking for the perfect gift for any occasion? Check out all of BuzzFeed’s gift guides!
Need A Shopping Buddy?
Get great products – from pros in the fine art of buying stuff online – delivered to your inbox!