I initially wrote about this plant-dependent Liquid Gold salad dressing about a 10 years back, when I reviewed the reserve Turning into Uncooked by Brenda Davis. This distinct recipe intrigued me, given that it was so wealthy in healthful components, and contains a whopping 2600 milligrams of plant-centered Omega 3 fatty acids for every serving.
Liquid Gold Salad Dressing that’s Abundant in Omega-3 Elements
This is absolutely a unique salad dressing. It’s not a mix I would have concocted, however it worked. It was surprisingly mellow when compared to other vinaigrettes – evenly sweet, lightly savory, and lightly pungent. I’m not a massive lemon juice admirer, so I subbed the juice with apple cider vinegar and modified the ratio.
I utilized flaxseed oil for the greatest Omega 3 strengthen, and for the reason that I want the flavor. But hempseed oil also functions perfectly and is nevertheless very loaded in individuals heart healthful fatty acids.
Please observe that this recipe is a touch large in sodium because of to the soy sauce. If watching your sodium ingestion, you may possibly want to use a small sodium soy sauce or substitute coconut aminos. Coconut aminos is a sauce that is marginally sweeter, considerably less salty, and a great deal decreased in sodium than soy sauce.
Unique Diet Notes: Omega-3 Liquid Gold Salad Dressing
By components, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-totally free, optionally gluten-free of charge, nut-free of charge, peanut-no cost, vegan, plant-based, raw, and vegetarian. For soy-free and strictly paleo, substitute coconut aminos for the soy sauce.
Omega-3 Liquid Gold Salad Dressing
Creator: Alisa Fleming
Recipe style: Condiment
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed oil or hempseed oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (can use lemon juice)
- 4 teaspoons dietary yeast flakes
- 1 tablespoon simple or unsweetened milk beverage or h2o, moreover a lot more as wanted (I applied hemp milk)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or wheat-cost-free tamari (for gluten-absolutely free)
- 2 teaspoons ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
- In a modest bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, dietary yeast, 1 tablespoon milk beverage, soy sauce or tamari, flaxseed, maple syrup, mustard, and cumin until finally blended.
- If the dressing is much too thick for your style (it will thicken a little bit as it sits), slim it with a minor more milk beverage.
Serving measurement: 2 tablespoons Energy: 133 Fats: 10.9g Saturated body fat: 1.1g Carbs: 4.5g Sugar: 1.5g Sodium: 317mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 3.4g
Far more Healthy Dairy-Free Salad Dressings
Creamy Anti-Inflammatory Salad Dressing
Maple Walnut Vinaigrette
Creamy Higher-Protein Miso Sesame Ginger Dressing